Logistics Planner with Manufacturing or Distribution Centre Experience
Oxford: 6 month interim assignment starting summer 2017
We are looking for a Material Planning and Logistics specialist to support MP&L improvement programmes at a vehicle assembly plant. Candidates must have experience of high volume, fast moving logistics in manufacturing plants or distribution centres.
- Planning the optimal flow of materials to the production floor
- Developing and optimising logistics structures and processes to support such flow.
- Planning space requirements and layouts to support storage, picking, replenishment and flow of parts from the warehouse to the assembly line.
- Identifying and analysing the associated risks, their mitigation, tracking and closure.
- Supporting the development of business cases for capital investment
Experience and skills required:
- Several year’s experience of high volume logistics in manufacturing plants or distribution centres
- A high level of numeracy and competency with spreadsheets
- Ability to quantify logistics metrics: line velocities, cubic velocities, etc
- Layout drawing tools (CAD tools, Visio, Microstation or similar)
- Familiarity with enterprise wide IT systems (eg SAP) supporting ERP / MRP
- Strong literacy and presentation skills
- Ideally, a degree level engineering qualification
Please apply by using the Submit My CV box on this page.
We do not have any further vacancies just now – but things can change quickly so please check out this page again soon.
We welcome unsolicited CVs. These may be submitted using the Submit My CV box on this page.